The majority of moving companies offer students rates based on the amount of space that their personal property will take up in the vehicle. That is why it is important to ensure that you have firsthand knowledge on how to pack your moving boxes for the transfer. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you with this task.
* Always Pack heavier items at the bottom of the boxes. This will save room in your boxes and help to prevent the heavier items from damaging more delicate items..
* Socks, ties, and other small articles of clothing can be shoved into holes in the moving boxes as you are packing. This can save a on the amount of boxes needed for your relocating venture.
* If transporting a dresser or storage type containers, take advantage of the storage space in these pieces of furniture. This is unused space that can free up the amount of moving space and boxes required for your relocating.
* Keep a detailed inventory list of the personal items and furniture that you are moving. This will not only act as a way of safeguarding the items that you are having moved should some of your property get lost, an inventory list also provides you with the ability to plan out how you want the property stacked on the moving vehicle so that you have easy access to your items while in transport.
* If you are going to have a personal vehicle moved with the assistance of a moving company, you can take advantage of the space within the vehicle. Smaller items can be packed in the trunk and backseat of any vehicle with ease and reduces the amount of space necessary in the moving vehicle for your property. Ultimately, this will reduce the costs of shipping your items.
* Pack smaller items such as jewelry and delicate property in smaller moving boxes and then again into a larger box. This provides you with less moving boxes and extra protection for the items that can easily be broken or damaged.
Utilizing these few tips can help provide for cheaper moving expenses for college age students. It will also help to protect your items while they are being transported from your current residence to your new location.